What We Do
Under the direction of Radiological Control Manager (RCM) David Kestell, the Radiation Protection Group (RPG) provides radiation safety-related technical assistance to the lab community to ensure that all work is performed safely, efficiently and in compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Authorizes work with radioactive material and radiation-producing machines
- Manages the site inventory of radioactive and nuclear material
Also refer to: EWRP Procedures
and also provides coverage for:
- Radiological operations
- Radiological engineering and shielding design
- Internal / external dosimetry services
- Radiation Safety and Transportation training
- Instrumentation and analytical services
- Radiological emergency response
Also visit the Radiation Safety Committee (RSC) page. The RSC is responsible for advising LBNL Management on all matters related to occupational and environmental radiation safety.