- The Emergency Management Group provides the Laboratory with planning and coordination functions necessary for responding to, mitigating, and recovering from emergencies while protecting the health and safety of workers and the public and preventing damage to the environment.
- The Environmental Services Group provides a comprehensive range of cost-effective environmental management services to Berkeley Lab by working with research and support staff.
- Health Services promotes the highest level of health and well-being in the work force and ensures a work place free of recognized health hazards
- The Industrial Hygiene Group is committed to keeping workers, their families and the community healthy and safe.
- Occupational Safety services includes injury and illness prevention and loss control systems for customer service and technical consultation to achieve Integrated Safety Management.
- Radiation Protection Group provides radiation safety-related technical assistance to ensure that work is performed safely, efficiently and in compliance.
- Waste Management provides assistance and ensures that Berkeley Lab is in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Waste Management also operates the Hazardous Waste Handling Facility.