- The Environmental Services Group provides a comprehensive range of cost-effective environmental management services to Berkeley Lab by working with research and support staff.
- Health Services promotes the highest level of health and well-being in the work force and ensures a work place free of recognized health hazards
- The Industrial Hygiene Group is committed to keeping workers, their families and the community healthy and safe.
- Occupational Safety services includes injury and illness prevention and loss control systems for customer service and technical consultation to achieve Integrated Safety Management.
- Radiation Protection Group provides radiation safety-related technical assistance to ensure that work is performed safely, efficiently and in compliance.
- Waste Management provides assistance and ensures that Berkeley Lab is in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Waste Management also operates the Hazardous Waste Handling Facility.