- Divisions submit a form with their PID and select from three sizes of first aid kits
- Health Services orders the kits via Procurement to ship to the Clinic at B26
- Upon delivery, Health Services removes any prohibited items, then distributes the kits to the Divisions
Health Services manages the contents of the selected commercially available kits in alignment with Procurement’s Restricted Items List. Please report any injuries or illnesses to Health Services (510) 486-6266.
Automated External Defibrillators, or AEDs, automatically diagnose life-threatening cardiac events and treat patients with defibrillation, an electrical pulse that stops the cardiac irregularity and thus allows the heart to reestablish a normal rhythm.
- AEDs are deployed in different buildings around the Berkeley Lab, housed in white wall-mounted cases, often near entrances.
- A short video has been created to show how to use an AED. Training is not required to use an AED, but advanced understanding can be helpful. Watch the video here.
- Review this AED checklist when your office is ready to install an AED device.
Frequently asked questions about AEDs and public access defibrillation programs can be found here.