The Electrical Safety Committee (ESC) recommends policies and practices regarding the conduct and regulatory compliance of electrical and related work at LBNL. The ESC will:
- Provide the Safety Review Committee (SRC) with recommendations for training and requirements to implement the program.
- Provide the SRC with recommendations for funding of electrical safety initiatives.
- Develop and review technical material related to the electrical safety program.
- Review and suggest revisions to Chapter 8 and the technical electrical information in Chapter 18 (lockout/tagout) of PUB-3000.
- Assist line management in the interpretations of electrical safety requirements.
- Assist in employee training and safety awareness for electrical hazards.
- Assess the performance of the Electrical Safety Program, including assessments, audits, inspections, and reviews of electrical accidents and near misses.
- The ESC may be requested to review electrical and electronic equipment and their installations at LBNL.
This committee may also discuss and study issues brought to them by LBNL and EH&S staff,
Laboratory and/or Division management, with the approval of the SRC Chair.