SPOT Nomination Process for the EHS Division
The existing SPOT Nomination Process has changed in order to utilize the new askUS service portal which utilizes autopopulated fields, automated workflow and process routing. This document serves to outline the new process to nominate an individual or individuals for a SPOT award. Please note this process applies only to the SPOT Award, not to the EHS Safety Spot Award. The EHS Leadership Team has a review process for each submittal to ensure consistency between EHS groups and departments. Approximate processing time is five business days for the nominator to receive the certificate by campus mail; the monetary award is linked to the payroll cycle of the nominated person. Additional guidance can be found here.
- Nominator or designee fills out SPOT Form through askUS link.
- Select Individual or Team Award.
- Enter Description of the Accomplishment.
- Enter Short Summary of the Accomplishment to be included on the certificate.
- Enter Nominated Employee Name(s).
- Enter Project-Activity ID: 101137-012.
- Select Proposed Award Amount.
- You may upload attachments if desired.
- Hit Submit.
Updated on: 10/12/2015
Process owner: Niña Vineyard-Horne
In general, telecommuting is a privilege which managers may grant under appropriate circumstances to employees whose job responsibilities are suited to such an arrangement. These guidelines and considerations serve to support the business needs while affording telecommuting privileges to staff.
After an employee initiates or renews a telecommuting agreement in AskUS, supervisors will be notified via AskUS ticket to review and approve.
Please note that the EHS Division limits telecommuting to a maximum of one day per week.
Additional Information Regarding Telecommuting can be found here:
- Request to initiate or renew a telecommuting agreement in AskUS
- Flexible Work Options Policy in RPM
- Optional Employee Self-Assessment
- Telecommuting Guidelines for Supervisors and Employees