A Safety Concern is defined as any condition, practice, or violation that causes a substantial probability of physical harm, property loss, and/or environmental impact such as:
- Loose railing on a stairwell
- Tripping hazards
- Anything you feel has the potential to cause harm to people, property, or the environment.
For Safety Concerns related to Building, Parking, Traffic, and Pedestrian:
- Building issues (i.e., water leaks, egress, lighting, etc.) – contact your Building Manager
- Vehicle related issues requiring a real-time response (i.e., parked incorrectly or blocking a walkway, etc.) – contact Security & Emergency Services at (510) 486-6999.
For safety concerns not related to those listed above, employees and affiliates can report a Safety Concern by:
- Going to the askUS website
- Emailing Safetyconcerns@lbl.gov
- Calling ext: 7233 (SAFE)
We will do our best to address your Safety Concern or triage it to the correct person/s for resolution. If you submit your Safety Concern anonymously you will not receive updates or notifications. Visit the EH&S Laboratory Safety site for more information.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, contact your Division Safety Coordinator or find the right subject matter expert on our SME Contact List. Also check out the LBNL Safety Resources Hub for more topics!