Workers’ Compensation is a state-mandated program that provides benefits to employees who are injured or develop an illness as a result of their job. Benefits may include: medical care, temporary disability, permanent disability, supplemental job displacement benefit (SJDB) voucher, and death benefits.
Your Medical Care
- Your first stop must be to be evaluated at Health Services located in Building 26.
- You must also report your injury/illness to your supervisor.
- In the event of an emergency, call 911.
- Hours of operation for Health Services are:
- Mon-Fri 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Telephone: (510) 486-6266
- Confidential Fax: (510) 486-7192
Health Services personnel will evaluate you, render first aid, and initiate appropriate medical treatment. If necessary, you will be referred to a specialist or your predesignated personal physician for further medical care. Health Services personnel will provide you with and complete the necessary forms for reporting your injury/illness.
If your claim is not immediately accepted (on delayed status), LBNL will only pay for medical care that was referred by Health Services personnel.
Sedgwick is the workers’ compensation insurance carrier. All new claims are submitted to Sedgwick and subject to their review and approval.
For more information, please refer to the University of California Workers’ Compensation Program.